Ten enterprising Korean startups completed the six-week TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program, organized by Korea Business Angels Association, held from July 22 to August 26, 2021. The program was held to support and prepare the ten early-stage startups for overseas expansion, establish advancement strategies, create IR decks, and practice pitching in English.
Startups learn, exchange ideas & network
The TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021 program covered topics like building local community, branding and marketing, sales and distributions, team building and making a perfect IR deck attract potential investors. The program was held online/offline every Thursday during the six weeks. Global experts and mentors that lead various topics for the program were Sunny Midha, Principal at Principia Growth; Buddy Rathmell, Founder/Investor at 4BAM; Vinnie Lauria, Founding & Managing Partner at Golden Gate Ventures, Aaron Everhart, Country Lead for Vietnam at Draper Startup House and Stephen Stromsoe, founder of Stromsoe Consulting, Ireland, Eugene Noh, Deputy Director at the NUS Enterprise, Singapore.
The last day of the program on August 26 had all the 10 startups presenting their final revised pitches as per feedback from the workshops. Caroline Jacobs, startup investor & advisor, VC at United Talent Agency, judged the pitching on August 26 and gave valuable insights for business expansion, pitching tips, marketing advise, etc. Overall, the ten startups got opportunity to network with global experts, exchange ideas and learn about strategies to expand business overseas.
The ten startups, that participated in the ‘TIPS Global Pre-accelerator 2021’ are as follows:
- Deepscent: The startup provides custom scented services through Fragrance On-Demand (FoD) technology. It combines customer scent preference data accumulated from FoD services with IoT smart home, olfactory environmental data, and biometric data to expand its service to (1)B2C smart home FoD service (2)B2B Fragrance as a service (FaaS) service (3)FoD sleep care service.
- Deep Hearing:It has AI-based technology to make a speech, sound clear even in a noisy atmosphere. The startup provides voice enhancement solutions to manufacturing and service companies such as video conferencing platforms, mobile phone providers, and tablet PC manufacturers.
- Mirint: The startup provides an allergic rhinitis treatment/prevention medical device that improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis by using low-power laser therapy (LLLT) and provides AI based customized prevention information. It is dubbed as a next-generation rhinitis treatment device that can prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Weddell: The startup simplifies the access to parenting information through a single mobile platform. Currently, Weddell provides professional content and recommended products based on data and AI and plans to provide ease on parenting and every decision they make.
- Alsemy: The startup is developing AI-based semiconductor device modeling EDA software, allowing fast and accurate modeling of devices by non-expert users. Alsemy’s solution dramatically reduces time from device technology development to chip fabrication, with better prediction of hardware characteristics. The first software is expected to be released in 3Q 2021.
- Espreso Media: The startup provides deep learning based super-resolution services, which can restore damaged images and create higher resolution contents. Its services can be customized to use in various industries such as surveillance, media, e-learning and medical field.
- Klleon:The startup has developed Deep-learning based video-generating SaaS for companies. The S/W product can generate voices, images, and videos using scarce sets of data with the few-shot learning technology.
- Omolle: Omolle’s MATIV is a connected fitness service using the smart mat. Nearly 7,700 pressure sensors in the smart mat monitor the movement of the user. And then MATIV’s AI technology provides various feedback and interaction depending on the workout situation to help users work out enjoyably.
- TECH: The startup deals with every ceramic electronic parts, especiallly is specializing in LTCC foundry service, manufacturing components for 5g repeater, mm-wave band antenna and module.
- JONGDAL Lab:The start up makes sourcing of fashion subsidiary materials and fabrics easier. Using AI image search technology, they shorten database registration process and search/recommend items with just a picture. Customers can search more than 900,000 items on the application ‘Buja Market’.
What’s your thoughts?