Artist Campaign Manager
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and passionate music fanatic to join our international artists marketing team as Artist Campaign Manager on an indefinite contract basis, based in our Sydney office. In this role, you will report to the VP, International Artists Marketing & Communications, and to the Director, Marketing.
- Develop creative and tailored marketing campaigns, with a digital focus, for an assigned roster of artists across a range of genres, in consultation with all departments.
- Develop, build and maintain artist brand and positioning through all available channels, ensuring both internal and external teams are aligned with the same vision.
- Have a clear understanding of an artist’s audience and collaborate with the audience development & digital communications team on growth and development tactics.
- Be the main point of communication for your artist roster with the promotions, publicity, sales and digital divisions to ensure the effective execution of marketing plans.
- Forecast project-based marketing budgets in line with the core objectives of the campaign and Sony Music.
- Effectively communicate marketing plans to external stakeholders.
- Adapt and execute marketing plans in a changing consumer environment.
- Commission and brief creatives in line with artist brand and positioning.
- Negotiate best rates with suppliers and clients for artist campaign deliverables.
- Raise purchase orders efficiently and in line with set budgets for each project.
- Manage artist project budget as approved and set by the VP, International Artists Marketing & Communications, and Director of Marketing.
- Monitor marketing objectives, strategies, advertising and promotions for all releases and analyse overall success and effectiveness.
- Analyse social, lifestyle and market trends for exploitation.
- Foster relationships within the creative community to build on existing network of creatives available to the business.
- In consultation with the VP, International Artists Marketing & Communications, and Director of Marketing and the A&R team, create and build all local marketing tools, including artist imagery, videos and other online content.
- Foster effective relationships with artists, management, and other key stakeholders; and
- Any ad-hoc tasks as required.
- 2+ year’s marketing experience, with a background in media or entertainment marketing strongly preferred.
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Understanding of the digital marketing and social media space.
- Understanding of our streaming partners and their platforms.
- Creative thinker, proactive in your approach, able to work autonomously and be a team player.
- Confident speaker and effective communicator.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and manage project budgets.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Looking to grow within the company.
- Passionate about the music industry, our artists, and our labels
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.