IoT For All at IoT Evolution Expo: We’re Back!

Illustration: © IoT For All

IoT For All sent a team to Miami last week to hit the ground at top speed for IoT Evolution Expo and the #TechSuperShow, which took place at the Miami Beach Convention Center with all the connected technology, data management, and IoT you could ever want. 

Michelle Kammerman, our excellent marketing master and IoT For All Partner Advocate, joined me as I moderated the IoT Evolution main conference track on Wednesday and for dozens of meetings with some of the most interesting companies in the industry. Here’s a taste of some of what we saw and heard while trying not to get heatstroke in Miami Beach. 

Conference Sessions

I was pleased to moderate some exciting, engaging, and important conversations in the IoT Evolution main conference track last week. 

In the “From Inception to Implementation: How to Scale Your Next IoT Solution” session, I joined two of our IoT For All Partners: Steven Baker, VP Product Management, CaaS, at KORE; and William Yan, CEO of AV System. We had a wonderful discussion with the audience about how and why so many IoT projects die in the pilot stage (more than 30 percent, by some estimates). And, to the main point, we offered a variety of tips and tactics for how companies can better their chances of being in the 70 percent who DO make it to scale.  

I dug into “How MIoT is Critical to Addressing COVID-19 and Pandemics with the help of Edgar Salas, CEO of Azlogica, and IoT For All Partner TJ Rancour, President of Cal-Chip Connected Devices, and we really looked at how supply chain, cold chain, and telematics have transformed over the last year and will keep growing and improving into the future. 

Anas Sawaf, Digital Technologies Business Partner & Product Owner of Data Analytics & IIoT for our Partner Kimberly-Clark joined me and Frank Antonysamy, Chief Digital Solutions Officer at Hitachi Vantara, to talk about “Smart City with a Social Conscience” and how both the IIoT and Consumer IoT each have a role to play in making IoT an even more ethical industry. 

Of course, it’s not an IoT conference if we don’t talk security, so I had the chance to dive into “Key Tools of the IoT Security Trade” with Christopher Schouten, of IoT For All Partner Kudelski IoT and with Mike Geller, Distinguished Cybersecurity Architect at Radware. We touched on everything from Device Management and Network Audit to embedded security and root-of-trust. 


It wasn’t all about the conference for us, though. We got time to meet with some of the most exciting companies working in IoT right now. 

Altaworx gave us some insight into how it is combining compliance billing with IoT needs and about its newest company Amop. Blues Wireless, an IoT For All Partner, took the stage at IoT Evolution Expo to talk about how Smart Cities can drive revenue opportunities and gave us the lowdown on leveraging tinyML and Cellular to make Cities even Smarter. impressed us with the focus on open source flexibility for IoT, while Hivecell showed us how Edge-as-a-Service would work for enterprises and all IoT companies. 

Digi International always has something interesting to say. They didn’t disappoint at IoT Evolution Expo, with a case study about how New York City has connected all its traffic lights through Digi routers and a multi-SIM cellular infrastructure. Meanwhile, Spirent brings Digital Twin to the US Department of Defense, helping secure connections through gating and testing. 

OpenGear is piling success upon success in the world of growth and looking at a future full of deployments. Edgevana is a new-ish company that’s created a platform designed to make it easy for software developers to deliver content and apps to the edge of the network. And, Eastbanc is still bringing software design best practices into IoT everywhere it can serve as a Digital Transformation specialist. 

That’s just a taste of everything we did and saw at IoT Evolution Expo 2021, but keep an eye (and ear) out for some more news and announcements from the show!

Similar Articles


Most Popular

The Employee Retention Tax Credit- A Game-Changing Opportunity for Entrepreneurs

The Employee Retention Tax Credit- A Game-Changing Opportunity for Entrepreneurs Unveiling the Hidden Treasury: How the ERC Can Catapult Your Business's Success In the dynamic world...

How GotBackUp Can Help Small Business Owners Keep Their Data Safe and Secure

How GotBackUp Can Help Small Business Owners Keep Their Data Safe and Secure As a small business owner, your data is one of your most...

New SaaS hacks highlight requirement for back-up data security

New SaaS hacks highlight the requirement for backup data security Venture IT and suppliers alike are required to prioritize strong backup information security plans and...

Flag Counter