We live in an evolving world, and technology is at the forefront. Social media has changed many aspects of our lives and how people conduct business. Facebook and Instagram are valuable and classic channels that the marketing and advertisement sector have extensively utilized to gain leads and traffic. However, other social media channels like TikTok are emerging as key lead drivers and branding tools. Here’s a look at the fast-growing video/social sharing platform a generation is hooked on.
TikTok is an easy-to-use video creation app that’s available to all users globally for mobile users. The app provides users with different effects, filters, sound bites, and music. It offers various ways for users to create a wide range of videos tailored to any message they wish to get across. Videos can range in length from 15 seconds to 60 seconds long.
As of 2019, Tik Tok had become the 4th most downloaded non-gaming application. In January 2020, TikTok had achieved 400 million users, and in July the same year, over 800 million subscribers had joined the platform. As of January 2021, Hootsuite puts Tik Tok in 7th position worldwide.
As for real estate agents, the mobile app features a collection of tools capable of editing and filtering informative advertisement content and reach a broad client base. With TikTok, you don’t need to be a software guru to run the show. Just create a piece of relevant and relatable content and see your business attract new customers.
Below is a great example of how a real estate professional has taken his creativity and passion for cooking, and created a powerhouse Tik Tok presence with over two hundred thousand followers. Columbus Real Estate Jerimihah Taylor shows us how to “cook” on Tik Tok.
these were a labor of love ##foodtok ##croquettes ##friedballs ##spinachrecipe
♬ Emotional (Instrumental) – BLVKSHP
Why Agents Should Use TikTok
There are many reasons why estate agents should brand themselves on TikTok. In the US alone, the app has 14 million active users every month who spend approximately 47 minutes on the app. About 50% of the users in the US fall between the age group of 18 and 34 years. Additional 20% fall between 35 and 44 years, which is the prime age group of buying homes. Similarly, 37% of the users have a household income of more than $100k, making them the prime target for real estate agents.
The mobile app is getting popular day in day out. So many people flock in to watch, create and share content, and so, the earlier as a realtor you became a player, the better you would incept your projects. As the young continue flocking the channel, creating catchy content would expose your hidden abilities and personalities and help generate more leads.
There numerous ways that realtors can utilize TikTok to advertise their properties. The simple mobile app can enable you to:
- Show Your Customers the Interior, and Exterior: TikTok is a platform that uses videos. Real estate agents can use this tool to showcase the designs and transformations of the houses you are selling is a great idea. You can record a short virtual tour of the interior and the exterior of the property and share it on the platform.
- Networking With Others In the Industry: As a real estate agent, the deeper you network, the more deals, knowledge, and money you make. If you dream of making huge money, connect and follow with reputable real estate TikTok veterans.
- Offer Your Expertise: As a real estate agent, use TikTok to offer tips and golden hacks in the sector and respond to frequently asked queries.
Utilizing TikTok as a real estate agent means an early engagement with emerging future homeowners. Here are four tips you would use to market yourself better.
- Understand the Needs of Your Target Audience: Are your clients interested in gaining a piece of information about real estate, or do they want online home tours? These are questions that you will need to establish first.
- Be Authentic: Success in TikTok demands you to present your true self and present factual information as your buyers want.
- Be Creative: In TikTok, creativity is the father of breakthroughs. Incorporate your content with popular background music to attract traffic.
- Share Your Content: Thanks to TikTok, the users can now share their ideas and listings with other online platforms. Sharing your content maximizes engagement hence exposing you to different platforms organically.
While TikTok started as an entertainment hub for the young, it has grown into an eminent marketing and social tool. Download and utilize the app to increase your real estate profits.
A. (2020, June 20). TikTok for Real Estate: Is TikTok a Good Platform for Realtors? Realtyna – Real Estate Web. https://realtyna.com/blog/tiktok-social-media-platform-realtors/
Gowdy, S. (2021, April 29). Houston realtors’ TikToks show just how nuts the housing market is right now. Chron. https://www.chron.com/culture/article/Houston-realtor-TikTok-video-home-buying-funny-16138714.php
Hod, I. (2021, April 19). LA real estate agent uses TikTok to sell a $5.3 million home. Spectrum News 1. https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/business/2021/04/19/la-real-estate-agent-uses-tiktok-to-sell–5-3-million-home
Notopoulos, K. (2021, January 18). House Flippers And Real Estate Agents Are Going Viral On TikTok. BuzzFeed News. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/real-estate-tiktok
Pullega, J. (2021, February 19). Marketing for Real Estate Agents: Using TikTok. 2–10. https://www.2-10.com/blog/marketing-for-real-estate-agents-using-tiktok/
Sydney Pressley. (2020, May 14). A TikTok Guide for Real Estate Agents. Homes.Com. https://marketing.homes.com/a-tiktok-guide-for-real-estate-agents/
Yale, A. (2021, February 3). How Real Estate Investors Can Use TikTok for Leads (and Profits). Millionaires. https://www.fool.com/millionacres/real-estate-basics/articles/how-real-estate-investors-can-use-tiktok-for-leads-and-profits/