Charlotte Podcast Competition kicks off October 5. As town’s first podcast competition, it’s designed to tell, enrich and encourage the area’s audio storytellers and podcasters. On-line classes will run via October 30. Admission is free with registration.
Digital panel dialogue and workshops will cowl:
- Content material and manufacturing
- Advertising and marketing and digital branding
- Viewers engagement and listener development
- Authorized issues
Charlotte Podcast Competition is a partnership between WFAE, Blumenthal Performing Arts, Queen Metropolis Podcast Community and Eclecs Inventive Company.
“The competition offers WFAE and our companions one other strategy to assist the rising podcast group right here in Charlotte,” stated Ju-Don Marshall, WFAE’s chief content material officer and govt vice chairman. “It builds on the coaching we’ve offered during the last yr via our Queen Metropolis PodQuest Academy and workshops. WFAE stays dedicated to utilizing podcasting as a strategy to assist various storytellers on this group.”
Charlotte Podcast Competition options practically 60 audio system throughout 40 podcast classes and panels together with:
- “Life on the Mic:” Learn how to be one of the best interviewer/host with Tommy Tomlinson (WFAE’s SouthBound), Sheri Lynch (Oddcast), Bernadette Pleasure (Expensive Bernadebt Pleasure) and Mark Peres (On Life & That means)
- “From Script to Display screen:” Writing and recording with Morgan Givens (Flyest Fables) and Kevin Patterson (Detective Samwel Sift’s Cherished One Discovery or Restoration Companies)
- “Audio Modifying 101:” Ideas for recording and modifying audio with Konata Edwards (Charlotte Newsmakers, Locked on Hornets) and Andy Goh (The Goh Present)
- “Hey, Is This Factor On?:” Comedy podcasting with Rod and Karen Morrow (The Black Man Who Ideas) and Cale Evans (The Podcast from Hell)
Go to CharlottePodcastFestival.com for the complete competition schedule and to register to attend the classes.
WFAE 90.7 FM is a nonprofit public radio station, licensed to the College Radio Basis Inc. With 90.three in Hickory, 106.1 in Laurinburg and 93.7 in Southern Pines, WFAE serves greater than 230,000 weekly listeners within the better Charlotte area with an award-winning mixture of native, nationwide and worldwide information, and leisure applications from NPR® and different content material companions. Hear on-line at WFAE.org.
About Blumenthal Performing Arts
Blumenthal Performing Arts serves the Carolinas as a number one cultural, leisure and training supplier. For extra info, name (704) 372-1000 or go to BlumenthalArts.org. Blumenthal Performing Arts receives working assist from the Arts & Science Council and North Carolina Arts Council. Blumenthal Performing Arts can be supported by PNC Financial institution, sponsor of the PNC Broadway Lights.
About Queen Metropolis Podcast Community
Queen Metropolis Podcast Community is a bunch of native contributors and broadcasters producing hours of latest content material each week, masking Charlotte information and present occasions, eating places and recreation, actions, comedy, and issues you possibly can simply nerd-out over. If there is part of residing in Charlotte you simply cannot get sufficient of, or wish to be taught extra about, we’re speaking about it on The Queen Metropolis Podcast Community.
About Eclecs Inventive Company
Eclecs is a inventive company that instills development inside distinctive manufacturers and small companies. Based by Perrine DeShield in 2019, Eclecs embraces variety and innovation as all of us proceed to adapt to a brand new regular. The company customizes companies to suit purchasers’ present wants and to nourish future success. Companies embody: Podcast teaching, branding, content material technique, web site creation, graphic design, and extra.